Delete Temp. Files – Do you want to clean up unwanted space from your windows 10? actually, we all love a junk-free space in our operating system. And, the main cause that covers this space is the ‘temporary files‘ or ‘temp. files‘.
These are referred to as the files that are available for the temporary time of period, like – update logs, recycle bin files, errors, etc., And having more temp. files don’t harm anything but create unwanted space which actually has no use.
Deleting the temporary files in Windows 10 is typically much easier, with and without the help of third-party software, we can clean-up these temps. files.
In this article, we are going to show you the numerous methods to delete the temporary files from your windows 10. So, let’s dive to know about in detail.
Best Ways To Delete The Temporary (temp.) Files On Windows 10
As we discussed earlier, deleting the temporary files helps us to free-up the usable space in our windows 10. But, the main question is how to delete temp. files in windows 10?
So now you’re going to get the perfect answer to it from these below methods. You can use any method to clean-up or delete the temp. files as you like. Hence, keep reading this guide.
(1) Remove Temp. Files Using ‘Windows 10 Settings’ Option
Here, you just need to follow the below steps carefully with the help of screenshots to delete the temporary files in windows 10
1. Click the ‘settings‘ icon at the start menu of your desktop/laptop.
2. At there, click the ‘system‘ icon
3. Now click the ‘storage‘ option and select the C:// drive (where your windows 10 is installed)
4. Now you will see the storage usage of your C:// drive. Here, you can see the used space of all files and folders including ‘temporary files‘
5. You will see the know about the space of your windows 10’s temporary files. Simply click on it to proceed.
6. Check the box of ‘temporary files‘ and finally click the ‘remove files‘ button. Click ‘yes‘ if any popup appears of confirmation.
7. That’s it! your temporary windows 10 files will be deleted by using this method
(2) Remove Temp. Files Using ‘Windows Run’ (Shortcut Trick)
You all are very-well known about the windows run (win + R). And for deleting the temporary files, it is the quick and best way.
So if you’ve not tried the above method yet, then make sure you use this fastest method to clean up the temp. files in windows 10
1. Click the ‘start menu‘ and click the ‘run‘ option or simply hold WIN + R as a key combination to open the run command box
2. Now type %temp% and hit the enter button
3. Here, you will see all the temporary files of your windows 10. Simply select them all and press the ‘shift + delete‘ button to permanently delete these temp. files from recycle bin
BONUS – at run box, type prefetch and press enter and delete those files too.
4. That’s it! you’re done
(3) Remove Temp. Files Using Disk Cleanup
This is the third and also the most used way for cleaning up space on windows 10. Follow the below steps to delete temp. files using disk cleanup.
1. Open my computer and click the local disk C (My PC)
2. Right click on it and select the ‘properties‘ option
3. At bottom, you will see the ‘disk cleanup‘ option, simply click it
4. Now click ‘cleanup system files‘ button and select the files like recycle bin files, temporary internet files, log files.
5. Finally click ‘ok‘ and ‘delete files‘ to complete the process.
6. Done! it will take upto 4-5 minutes depending upon the size of your temp. files.
Deleted the temporary files? we hope you’ve got the best ways to free up your space on your windows 10. We shared the methods using windows settings, windows run and disk cleanup.
And I know you have successfully deleted the temp. files on Windows 10. Now simply share it with your friends and let them know about these cool ways for cleaning up space on Windows 10 operating system.
Leave a comment if you’ve any suggestion or doubt related to this query.